drop in indigo workshop at Eldorado General Store! July 1 from 2pm-5pm. Learn simple Japanese shibori techniques and experience the magic of natural indigo dyeing. Cotton bandanas will be provided, but feel free to bring your own white or light colored natural fiber garment to dye as well. You'll also take home a zine with instructions on how to recreate your own indigo vat at home. Refreshments will be provided.
Couples, mothers of the bride or groom, and wedding parties will fully immerse themselves in the services of wedding professionals that have separated themselves from pack with passion for their craft and ethically conscious practices. Over 50 participants.
Come play, taste, listen, discover…
- Hello sweet by VICECREAM Detroit
- Craft cocktails on draft by Detroit City Distillery
- Portraits by Benjamin David Photography
- Live entertainment by Miss New Productions
- Experiential Dressing Lounge // Handcrafted accessories, beauty services, wedding gowns, bespoke suits, beyond.
- Three-course seated dinner by Executive Chef Nick Rodgers of The Root Restaurant & Bar
- Wine pairings by The Royce Detroit
- Live entertainment
- Inspired Wedding Reception Decor // Floral installation, tabletop design, lighting, drapery, beyond.
- Dessert reception by local favorites
- Coffee (and more dessert) by Drifter Coffee
- Specialty cocktail bar by Our Detroit and Wolf Moon Mixers
- Personal chatting with vendors
un•BRIDE•led 2017 Initiative
Detroit Cultivated and Forgotten Harvest are excited to announce a new partnership. For each un•BRIDE•led ticket purchased, four meals will be donated in an effort to relieve hunger in metro Detroit. We will also work together to redistribute nutritious food waste from un•BRIDE•led and all future Detroit Cultivated events.
THEN AND NOW: RECENT ALUMNI PANEL
FIT alumni who were active in sustainability or social responsibility projects as students discuss ways they've brought those interests into their personal and professional lives.
Jacquelyn Costello, AAS Jewelry Design, BS International Trade & Marketing
Elizabeth Pulos, BS International Trade & Marketing
Meghan Navoy, BS Textile Development & Marketing
Caitlin Powell, BS Textile Development & Marketing
Daniel Silverstein, BFA Fashion Design
come learn how to make an organic indigo vat and practice shibori dyeing techniques at Detroit Denim on November 10th from 6-9pm. Students will leave with indigo dyed scarves and are encouraged to bring a small to medium piece of clothing in a natural fiber to dye in class.
click here to sign up!