I love listening to podcasts while I work. My favorites are always those about creative business & discussing creative processes of artists - particularly lady business owners.
Here's a list of some of my favorite podcasts:
- AIM with Kari Chapin - Kari wrote a couple of really helpful books about running a handmade business and is super funny & relatable. She hasn't updated the podcast in a while which is a bummer, but I hope she comes back soon!
- After the Jump - Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge's amazing and super helpful podcast. I binge listened to this a couple years ago when I first stumbled upon it and have since listened to the episodes again and again. She hasn't updated since Dec 2014 but I hope she starts again!
- Death, Sex & Money - Interesting stories of people, a mix of famous & not famous, discussing 'taboo' topics such as death, sex and money. I love listening to this and have been moved many times by the stories.
- Elise Gets Crafty - A creative business podcast that has interviews with various guests with their own businesses discussing how they got where they are today and how they balance business and life.
- This American Life - A classic!! Stories each week on a topic with 3 acts. So many topics over the years and a huge archive on their website to binge listen to.
- #Girlboss - A new podcast by Sophia Amarouso of Nasty Gal, based on her book #girlboss. I didn't like the book at all but I really enjoy the podcast. Sophia has a bunch of badass business ladies on and they discuss their path to where they are today and tips for girls who are interested in starting their own businesses.
- Why Do We Have Things? - Another new podcast that I just *love* from Rita of The American Edit and Erin of Hackwith Design House. I found this podcast via the Hackwith instagram because I love their brand and i'm so glad they did. The two ladies interview various small business owning ladies with the intent of revealing the work behind building up a small business when from the outside it appears they were just an overnight success. They interview a lot of awesome Minneapolis companies and it makes me really want to visit!
- Have Company Podcast - Marlee of Have Company interviewing the unique and always interesting residents at her shop. I love listening to these interviews because the selection of people are always extremely creative artists and small business owners and it feels like an intimate and casual conversation between friends.
- Fresh Air - Terry Gross of NPR interviews an array of interesting people - there's a stockpile of these on the NPR website so you'll never run out of listening :)
Would love to hear any recommendations on other creative business (or any genre) podcasts. I'm always looking for something new to listen to!